Can my node identify the Busoff, if my node does not transmit any frames?

Can my node identify the Busoff, if my node does not transmit any frames?

Boopathi Raja
Hi All,

Can anybody explain me, When my node identify the busoff, if i do not transmit any frame?

Best Regards
--------------------
G.BoopathiRaja

RE: Can my node identify the Busoff, if my node does not transmit any frames?

John Dammeyer

On most devices the nodes will not go bus off but only error passive when receiving incorrect messages.  They only go bus off when their transmitted message fails 32 times.  That’s to prevent a babbling idiot scenario where a node continuously transmits because of a failure.

Perhaps tell us a couple of things:

1.       What processor/CAN device?

2.       What CAN bus driver?

3.       Do you have another node on the network like a CAN bus monitor and if so what brand?

4.       Is this a school class assignment?

John Dammeyer

Can anybody explain me, When my node identify the busoff, if i do not transmit any frame?

Best Regards

--------------------
G.BoopathiRaja

Re: Can my node identify the Busoff, if my node does not transmit any frames?

nagendrapulaparthi
Basically CAN bus is not directly went  to BUS OFF state.In CAN the particular node is went to buss off state then only after meeting the certain conditions.
    Before going to bus off state the CAN node goes into the below states
                 1. error active state (CAN node enters into error active state only when the counter value will be incremented to less than 128==TEC/REC)
  in every CAN transreceiver it contains TRANSMITTER ERROR COUNTER (TEC) and RECEIVER ERROR COUNTER (REC).These two counters will increment these counter value to +8 for every unsuccessful transmission and similarly  the counter value will be decreasing to -1 for every successful transmission
                 2.error passive state (CAN node enters into error passive state only when the counter value will be incremented in between 128-255 ==TEC/REC)
after going into above to states the CAN node entered into buss off state.
                  3.bus off state (after counter value exceeds 255 then only it enters into bus off state that means that node is terminated from CAN bus)

      when counter value is equal to TEC/REC==96 the CAN bus sends WARNING message to that particular NODE.